Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Where did the good times go





Where did the good times go

Sitting by myself, cozy on the sofa,
Adjusting the AC, nibbling on a samosa,
Staring at the TV, feeling so low,
I wonder, where did the good times go,

Wanna talk to someone, But there is no one near,
While I talk, just want someone to hear,
Shit, the cellphone battery is down,
Now I have to embrace the loneliness around,
Someone within me speaks,
Common, You're fine, Its just for a while,
And still I get the creeps,
Wheres my innocent smile,
I've trampled my own dreams,
Running to win the rat race,
Ignored my own screams,
Now the mirror cracks in my face,
I murdered my soul, my own dreams are dead,
I've closed that door, for butter and bread,
The dead dream's ghost has taken my life's guard,
Never even paused to visit their graveyard,
The world's watching me fight myself,
I'm the gladiator, and I'm the elf,
The boulevard to success is reeling under flood,
As each rat fights for each rat's blood,
I'm tired, I feel sleepy,
But theres no time to sleep,
I die each moment, and call it life,
Even lost the capacity to weep,
Bereft, numb and cold,
I think as I grow old,
How did it happen so,
Where did the good times go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Sam said...

Hey man awesome, whats fucking emotional :) haha dude whats the pain embracing you that poems such good are pouring out ?? call me once and say it out to me ...."Dil ka bhooj halka kar le :)"

bhale said...

Good One..... Some lines are really great "I die each moment, and call it life"