Saturday, April 7, 2007

Just another trip to the mall...

This Good Friday turned out to be surprisingly Good for me. Its only now that I truly understand what is meant by Serendipity.

So, we were there, waiting for 50 odd minutes to pass by till the movie show started.
Loitering here and there with my friends, I saw her...in the queue for popcorn. She stood there, surrounded by a bunch of nobody girls. Red top with the nike Swoosh at the front, black jeans - faded, black hair - straight long...And that face, WOW !!! I dont have words to describe it...

It doesn't happen often with me...It was like what "Michael Corleone" felt on seeing "Appolena" when he was hiding in Italy (Godfather I). Yeah,struck by a bolt of lightening. That one person who is so damn beautiful that you become spechless...You forget where you are, who you are...

And without saying a word to anyone, I stepped forward (Guess I was too numb to feel fear) My friends watched in anticipation (After all, how many times do you see a guy actually just start walking towards the girl he has seen 5 minutes before to talk to her). They were all waiting for something aweful and embaressing to happen. Some great masala for them to pick on me for ages to come...

The distance of a few steps felt like miles. Midway through the walk, I regained some of my senses..."Hey, what the hell are you doing?" I asked myself. But by the time I could answer that, my feet had taken me within close proximity to her.
"What the hell", I thought and went straight to her and said "Hi"...

And believe me, this is the most vulnerable part of such a conversation. What followed, will remain close to my heart for the rest of my life. What followed filled me with a new hope, a new energy, something I had never experienced before...After all, theres always a first time for everything...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There she stood before me
That twinkle in her eye
A tremble went through my knee
And I blurted out a "Hi"

"Hello", she said, a bit surprised
Still putting me at bay
Looked at me, as a possesion prized
Now it was my turn to say

"Are you alone", I asked
Ensuring my manners were mild
"Do you wish I were", she said
laughing like a cute little child

Her friends giggled behind her
But that was OK
Simply too pleased to find her
The whole world was OK

"Which movie are you in for"
I extended the conversation
"I've already got tickets"
She stroked my desperation

Reality came crashing down
The sun would never shine again
How could I re-live that moment
which I may never find again

Then came the sweet shock
Too good to be true
"Can I have your number",she said
My struggle was through

Gave my number, asked for her's
With all nicities thrown
But life's not that generous
I should have known

"You should wait till I call"
Pat came her reply
Pulling back her hair
She waved me godbye

I saw her going back
Into the lift she went
Another wave of her hand
And that was the end

I dont have her name
I dont have her number
Its been a day now
And my hopes have started to slumber

It could be a joke, it could be a lure
Such memories it has brought
But there is one thing for sure
That was the sweetest NO I ever got

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: If I ever do actually get a call from her (I'm almost sure it will be to play a prank on me), the story will continue on this blog.

Desperately waiting for that call............

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Superb....It proves tat, poets at some point or other are Smitten by the Luv....Too good a poem...Never Knew abt tis talent in u....& I sincerely hope tat....This Story will continue on a +ve note. All the best dude....