Monday, April 20, 2009

Ladies from the SITCOMS

I'm a big fan of Sitcoms on Western TV ... The fad really started in college ...
I started with the mother of all SITCOMS, F.R.I.E.N.D.S ... and since then, it has never really stopped ...

The level of script writing, production quality and acting has often made me wonder how can the aam janta in India bear with the Saas bahu saagaas ...

Anyway, this one is about the female leads ... so, I list my favourites below ...

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Well, I just couldn't post a pic of Monica, rachel and Phoebe alone .. I just could not do it. Frankly, it is hard for me to think of them without the guys.



SEINFELD

She holds her own amidst the wild trio - Jerry, Kramer and George.
Elaine Benes .. Great Actor ...



The OC

Now, I watched this purely for the girls ... there is nothing new or good in this teenage drama ... except the girls. Of course, the other things like the beaches, the bunglows, the cars, the parties ... they all merely add to the main thing.
Hats off to Marisa Cooper and Summer Roberts; not for acting, but for looking so hot.



LOST

This is a series I cannot praise enough. Just watch it if you are into Sitcoms ...

I have chosen seven beauties from this huge starcast ... Cynthia Watros as Libby, Elizabeth Mitchell as Julia, Emilie de Ravin as claire, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Maggie Grace as Shannon, Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia and Yunjin Kim as Sun.






















SCRUBS

Jordan and Elliot ... former is hot and latter is cute ...







BOSTON LEGAL

Another TV series I highly respect ... and the galz are goood. The best is Julie, followed by Rhona Mitra. Marisa is awesome as Alan;s secretary, and of course, the British chic Tara Summers has awesome British accent.
















GILMORE GIRLS
A shitty TV series ... but the kid daughter (Alexis) is WOW !!!



How I met your Mother

Cobie Smulders is a smokin gal, as Robin, she brings the oomph factor. This is the recent most addition to this list ...




Well, there were others as well without any female lead, like THE APPRENTICE, FULL HOUSE and WONDER YEARS... along with animated series THE SIMPSONS and SOUTHPARK.
And then there is a laugh riot ""The Coupling, where none of the females are particularly awesome.

There goes my list ... And I am sure more will follow.

No comments: