Saturday, May 23, 2009

Go GILLY Go ... 85 off 35

Well, this entry is entirely to satisfy my EGO

The Deccan Chargers are in the Finals of IPL 2009. Delhi daredevils are out

I am just so glad that I got quite a lot right in my previous blog entry.

1. Adam Gilchrist - His innings can be summarized in one simple German word embedded in English language by the Panzer divisions of Hitler's armies ... BLITZKRIEG



2. Delhi decided to go with Warner instead of Vettori .. and it showed.

3. I said that opening pair was the key for Delhi. Well, they were none for two after 1st over.

4. In hindsight, I believe one thing has hurt Delhi more than people care to admit ... the fine print of the ass of a genious bolwer on the benches of Delhi Daredevils dugout ... Glen McGrath

Not predicting today's match; Kind of want Chennai to loose though, because:

A. I think Dhoni's stars have realligned, and the law of averages is catching up with him. His luck is out. Let him suffer here due to bad luck rather than upcoming T20 World Cup

B. Mathew hayden cannot do it over and over and over and over again.

C. My younger brother Arpan is a fierce CSK supporter, owing to past 4 years he spent at IIT Madras. I just want to pay him back for what he gave me when KKR were thrashed last year (I was in Kolkata then).

Anyways, out of my initial 3 favourites; Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad ; first two are out. So, I want Deccan Chargers to win IPL 2009; In my heart I believe Gilly deserves it completely.

-------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT : Champion's League, which was supposed to be held in India Dec 2008 and was cancelled dure to 26/11 attacks in Mumbai will be held in India October 23, 2009.

1 comment:

bhale said...

now you are in mumbai, and they were also in a hurry to go out... agle saal Delhi ya Hyd shift kar jana