Saturday, September 8, 2007

23 years...

I wrote this on my 23rd Birthday. I was thinking over stuff, CAT had just happened, my brother was to be in town the next day... Its been 10 months.


Its been 23 years,
Since I was born,
Its been 23 years,
Since that first dawn,

Adhering to the code,
I mowed the dry lawn,
And on this life's chessboared,
I am still feel like a pawn,

Chained to my convictions,
I braved deciet everywhere,
Absorbing the friction,
I grudgingly sleep in despair,

Layers and layers of defeate,
Fill the chapters of my life,
All my principles; noble and elite,
Kill my sanity with inner strife,

The guilt within is deep seated,
Guilt of having nottruly tried,
I myself feel cheated,
Cheated by my own pride,

Bound and gagged by chains,
How far can I further slide,
just one comforting thought remains,
That everyone has something to hide.

Quote:
Limit is in mind. Sky is just an excuse..!!

No comments: